READS is stepping up to the challenge and participating in the Digital Dash!
Our statewide 2017 total checkout goal is: 3,290,364
Right now, we are 79.4% to that goal.
We want to help you make 2017 your best year in digital circulation. I’ve attached our Digital Dash Success Kit, which includes:
- A custom graphic with your Digital Dash goal number that you can share on your library’s website and social media. (I recommend linking this directly to your OverDrive URL: https://reads.overdrive.com. This will be an easy way to help drive traffic to your digital collection.)
- A press release template you can personalize and distribute to local media to raise awareness of your goal or adapt for use in a library newsletter or email blast.
- A copy of our Best Practices Guide with a few simple reminders of what you can do to help maximize your digital circulation.
Don’t forget the Resource Center for free marketing materials, user training templates, and much more!
1. If we meet this goal, what will the libraries receive?
If we meet the goal our consortium will be entered into a drawing for credit at OD to purchase additional materials. Meeting the goal is just the first step. We still have to be drawn from a pot of all winners. If we meet the goal and are picked we get $500. If we exceed the goal by 5% we could get $750 and exceeding by 10% could get us $1000. The content credit goes to the consortium, not to the individual library, but of course you have the same access to those titles as everyone else.
2. Who are we competing against?
We are competing against ourselves. OD looked at our current circulation and set our goal based on that number. Having said that, we do look at the circulation of other systems on a yearly basis, just to see how we’re doing. For example, last year our circulation was on par with libraries such as New York, Los Angeles and Seattle: http://blogs.overdrive.com/general/2017/01/09/million-checkout-club/ (Not too shabby!)