Click on the Goodreads icon for the complete list of recommendations. If you have a great book recommendation that I don't have on the list, email me!
Through cooperative support provided by the Tennessee State Library & Archives, WebJunction brings current, relevant articles, online courses and webinars to the library community on a wide range of topics. Here is a list of what library staff can find on the site and throughout the year:
· A catalog of free self-paced courses and curated webinar archives have been developed in collaboration with LibraryU, Infopeople, and other content providers. Seven new courses developed specifically for library workers have already been added to the catalog this fall. To access this content, simply create your free account at learn.webjunction.org.
· Certificates of completion will be provided for courses finished or webinar archive viewed through the WebJunction catalog.
· WebJunction hosts more than 20 live webinar sessions throughout the year--free online events that allow library workers from around the country and the globe to meet and learn from library leaders and fellow library practitioners. Attendees are eligible to receive a certificate of attendance.
· Dozens of new articles on hot library topics written by WebJunction staff and library practitioners are published on a regular basis and highlighted on the WebJunction.org homepage.
· Crossroads e-newsletter is broadcast each month, to announce upcoming learning opportunities and provide updates on what is happening in the library world. Make sure you and your colleagues are subscribed!
Track your CE hours! You don't have to use this sheet but you should document your CE hours. You need to record the date of workshop, activity description, hours involved, and receipt of attendance. It is your responsibilty to maintain a log of completion for each continuing education credit and submit this to your supervisor annually.
Also, below is our CE plan for the next few years. We look forward to providing more opportunities for you.
Don't forget to check TEL for resourses outside of the library science search below. For example, customer service, leadership, management, and technology.