PUBLIC LIBRARY STATISTICS
Tennessee Public Library Statistics
The State Library and Archives participates in the national Public Library Survey administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). Many data elements in the Tennessee Public Library Survey form correspond to those required for participation in the national survey, ensuring that Tennessee's public library statistics are comparable to those of the other 49 states and the District of Columbia.
START HERE: Data Collection Links
TAXPAYER RETURN ON INVESTMENT
What is your Library worth to you?
How much would you pay out-of-pocket for your library services?
- Enter in the left-hand column the number of times per month you or your family use each service.
- Estimated retail value of each service will be calculated on the right.
- Total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
- Tip: Use the "Tab" key to move between entries. Enter numbers into the form only, and do not use commas.
INSTRUCTIONS / RESOURCES
- Suvey Worksheet with Definitions and Instructions
- Instructions: Verso Reporting for LibPas
- Instructions: Verso Reporting Using Excel
- Instructions: How to Run Reports in Counting Opinions LibPas
- Instructions: How to Run READS by Age Report
- Summer Reading Questions
- FY2017-2018 Quarterly Workbook
- What Goes Where in the TN Public Library Survey
- Webinar Data Collection for PLS Slides