Use the TEL Link Generator to create customized TEL links for your library. These URLs are unique to your library, allow you to collect usage statistics for your institution, and include geolocation authentication. These URLs can then be incorporated into your library’s website, classroom page, or wherever you’d like to share them.
TEL uses geolocation authentication to verify that a user is coming from an IP address within Tennessee. Users within Tennessee are automatically connected to TEL resources. No library card or password is required! Occasionally, a device may not be recognized as coming from Tennessee so the user will be prompted to enter additional information.
We are happy to announce the launch of our new TEL site! It is available either at the top of our current site (http://tntel.tnsos.org/)
or a direct link is (http://new.tntel.info/).
Please take a look, and let us know what you think by using the Feedback tab on the new site. Now’s the time to let us know what you like and what you don’t!
We in a soft launch phase, which means that we will be running both sites for a few months, before retiring the old site, so the more input we receive the better the new site will be.
On May 1st TEL will be transitioning from the Learning Express Library to the Testing & Education Reference Center, provided by Gale and produced by Petersons. Below are some highlights:
This valuable tool is used by patrons of all ages for standardized test preparation, researching undergraduate and graduate programs, finding tuition assistance, and exploring careers:
· Test prep — Full-length, timed practice for AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, GED, HiSET, and TASC exams. Diagnostic pre-tests help students determine where they stand and how much preparation they need.
· College planning — Intuitive searches and quick results deliver information on more than 4,000 accredited schools, including school location, tuition, academics, admission requirements, campus life, and much more.
· Financial aid research — Tools include an undergraduate scholarship search, financial aid award analyzer, college savings calculator, tuition cost finder, and more.
· Career development — The Resume Builder and Virtual Careers Library tools assist users in developing essential career skills including how to craft a resume and write a cover letter and interviewing tips for users at all career stages.
· International tools — Help individuals prepare to pass the TOEFL (iBT), TOEFL (PBT), TOEIC, and U.S. Citizenship tests with online practice tests and eBooks.
There will be an introductory webinar available on March 21st :
Sneak Peek! Testing & Education Reference Center
Wednesday March 21st, 10-10:45 am Central/11-11:45 am Eastern
On May 1, 2018, your library will have access to Gale's Testing and Education Reference Center (TERC) through Tennessee Electronic Library. Get a preview of TERC in this session! Testing and Education Reference Center provides the tools needed to achieve educational and professional success. Whether they are students exploring higher education, recent graduates embarking on career paths, or business veterans in need of a change, TERC provides your users with online test preparation, in-depth information on universities and training programs, and interactive tools to achieve their goals. In this session, we'll dive into the content and explore features to make this resource a success in your library!
To register, please visit: https://cengage.webex.com/cengage/onstage/g.php?PRID=f26490aca25943e02d6f5863b7984a1e
This webinar will be recorded, in case you are unable to make the live webinar.
The mission of the Tennessee Electronic Library is to provide convenient and equitable access to library and information resources for Tennesseans to enhance the quality of their everyday lives, the depth of their educational experience, and the economic prosperity of their communities. TEL is made possible through funding provided by the General Assembly of the state of Tennessee.
TEL is administered by the Tennessee State Library and Archives, a division of the Tennessee Department of State, led by Tre Hargett, the Secretary of State.
Call or come by the regional office for the following TEL marketing materials: